When entering WorldStar, pack images and justifications are compared by an expert panel of judges with other similar packs submitted from all around the world. Award decisions are based on the judges' consensus that a pack is superior to the other packs in its geographical market and category, when it comes to performance and innovative design.
The judges consider the following criteria:
- Protection and preservation of contents
- Ease of handling, filling, closing, opening and reclosing
- Sales Appeal
- Graphic Design
- Quality of Production
- Cost Reduction, economy of material
- Environment compatability - recyclability
- Ingenuity of construction
- Suitability for local conditions (production, materials, market, etc.)
The closing date for entries is 14 October 2016 and the judging panel will meet in November 2016 for the judging of the 2017 awards. The jury's decision is final. The jury has the right to exclude entries which do not meet the conditions of entry. The jury has the right to move a pack to a different category.